With over a decade experience in Political, Entertainment, Non-Profit, and Product Public Relations, Lisa opened The Leopold Johnson Group in 2009.
Lisa’s vast career experiences range from being a Junior Editor on Oxygen Television’s TRACKERS, to the former Economic Development Coordinator for NYC Council (South East Queens), and Press Coordinator for Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) and the Brooklyn Philharmonic ‘BED-STUY ROCKS’ summer series with The Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation; with nothing too far and few in between that she has not tackled successfully.
A trained volunteer coordinator, Lisa organized ‘Helping Hand To Haiti’ under the Initial Network and Community Outreach for Minority Enrichment Society (INCOME Society), the first nonprofit to accept and successfully deliver non-monetary, non-perishable items to victims of the Haiti Earthquake in January 2010.
A certified fundraiser and experienced in obtaining sponsorships, Lisa has obtained product and monetary sponsorships from numerous corporations across the board, ranging in diversity from Pinnacle Vodka to Code Mantra software publishing solutions.
Lisa attended The College of New Rochelle and is currently the Marketing Director for Transcendent Enterprise. Based in New York City, TE is rapidly becoming one of the premier leaders in full service media and IT production.
First Quarter 2013: The Leopold Johnson Group Highlights:
• Nude Barre placement in The Workshop at MACY’s 2013
• Booking of New York based, Professional Life Coach Dhylles Davis at national events such as the Success and Empowerment Seminar held in Boston March 2013
• Partnership between French Kissez Romantic Networking Services and AIDS Walk NYC for a romantic awareness event / fundraiser May 2013
• Created CBA (Community Benefits Agreement) between the people of Far Rockaway and Arverne By The Sea development to secure jobs and prime retail space for community members
• Assistant to the Director (councilmember) on the NYNJ Port Authority Lease Agreement between the community and 31st Council District
• Wrote first draft approved grant proposal and spearheaded the creation of The Far Rockaway Vocational School. This program was designed to bring aviation training and nursing programs to the rockaways at a time where the annual household median income was $31,000 for a two income home. Talks included a bridge program with CUNY LaGuardia Community College’s Nursing Program, Consorteum for Workers’ Education, and NYC’s Economic Development Corporation
• Campaign Manager and Campaign Treasurer for seven (7) local and regional elections throughout NY
• Continues to generate both monetary and in-kind sponsorships for various client events and projects
• Client placements in main stream (national) publications such as VIBE magazine, Complex, New York Times, Cooperate Secretary, and more
• Generated thousands of dollars in sponsorships (monetary and in-kind)
Press coordinator for:
• MIRK Band on the VANS WARPED TOUR (national)
• Yasiin Bey and Brooklyn Philharmonic Summer Series ‘Bed-Stuy ROCKS’
• Fred The Godson ‘City of God’ four-state tour
• Various album releases